Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Since people do consider abortion an issue to vote on...

This is a picture of my son when he is 5 days old. He is just a little over 5 pounds in this picture. He was born 5 weeks early. I show this picture because there is an important point I have to make. You can see he is fully formed. He came out fully formed and breathing on his own, as did my daughter, who was also early, and weighed just over 3 pounds.

And it is legal for women to abort babies in the third trimester in some states, though I am having a hard time finding out just which ones. I will continue to research until I find out. If you don'tknow the details of a partial-birth abortion, let me break it down for you in laments terms. There are 2 types.

In one type of partial birth abortion, the doctor will let the cervix dilate and then deliver the baby feet first until only the head remains in the womb. The doctor then takes scissors to the base of the baby's head and inserts a suction tube into the baby's head, and sucks about the baby's brain, which in turn collapses the babies head, allowing for easier removal through the cervix.

Do know this is quite painful for the baby! But it doesn't end there. There is another way this can be done.

In the other type of partial birth abortion, the doctor will enter the cervix, and go into the womb with a clamp, blindly, and grasp whatever they can get ahold of, whether it be an arm or leg, and pull it off the body. Remaining body parts are then grasped and pulled out until the floating disembodied head is floating in the uterus. It is grasped, and then crushed for easy removal, and then, of course, removed. Any remains are then suctioned out.

The baby feels this also! As you can imagine, it is painful beyond what I can imagine.

Some argue that partial-birth abortions are very rare and account for less than 1% of abortion procedures. I say that if it happens once, twice, ten, or a hundred times, it was wrong every time if the mother's health was not in danger. And seeing as how the mother's health accounts for so few of abortion procedures, I feel free to assume this holds true for partial-birth abortion also.

Abortions are currently happening at a rate of 1.3 million a year. By the time most women become aware that they are pregnant, there is a heartbeat. By the time an abortion is scheduled, the baby looks much more formed than you would think. There are arms and legs, fingers and toes. There is a circulatory system. During both of my pregnancies I was aware that I was sharing my body. It wasn't just MY body anymore, but there were 2.

Abortion used as a method of birth control is wrong. It has been manipulated and twisted into something it's not. Oh, it's just tissue. It's my body and I should decide if I want to be pregnant or not.

Condoms.
The Pill.
The Mini-Pill.
Depo Shot.
The Ring.
The Patch.
Spermicide.
Etc...much is available for free or cheap at health clinics.

Here's my opinion.

Excluding cases of rape, incest, and the mother's health.... NOONE IN THIS COUNTRY WANTS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS!!!!!! And I think that sums it all up pretty nicely.

P.S. My congressman, Rick Boucher, supports partial-birth abortion in all cases, not restricting them to concerns for the mother's health, but as a means of birth control.